Friday, February 13, 2009

Malaise-y days

A nasty virus swept through our home this past week. Kelan had to get yet another chest x-ray. After a week on Prednisone and a seemingly constant stream of albuteral treatments, he is better than ever. Sean and I however, are still feeling a bit under the weather. Anyway, this is really just noise... the real story is as follows:

Kelan is turning out to be a mini version of Sean - crappy lungs and all. Frankly, I've been a little worried about our lack of inate similarities (pure neurosis - yes, I'm aware). That is, until a minor but exciting event took place.

During one of the days that Sean was home sick from work and all three of us were lounging on the couch feeling like the living dead, I flipped on The Price is Right. I bet you know where this is going... Ususally, Kelan is down for his nap at 10:00 and I sip a cup of hot tea while enjoying one of my morning vices -- An hour to myself with Drew Carey or the ladies on The View. Oh yeah, act like you don't have a vice.

Anyway, to my complete delight Kelan went nuts for The Price is Right!!! He could not keep his eyes off of the screen during the showcase showdown (the big wheel for all of you non-nerds) and he watched Sean and I with a big smile while we yelled at the dumb college kids who didn't know the price of canned soup. This love for TPIR is no conincidence because despite the fact that Sean has been DVR-ing Sesame Street since Kelan started wearing size 2 diapers, he has not even shown a little interest.

Proof positive- the kid is mine.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I think I'd rather have crappy lungs than be a TPIR junky ; )

Emily said...

Ooh, ouchers.