Sunday, December 2, 2012

So


So... It's December.

Suddenly I have a five year old, which is just...wow.  I mean, it's probably time to start breaking out the Boniva and make an appointment for Botox because I'm OLD now. I have had a serious conversation with a medical professional about my child's "stool". There's no coming back from that, no, "Oh, where's that kegger at tonight?" in my future. Not that I want there to be, just...you know, noting.

Um, I digress.

December!  And it's the end of an era for us (and hopefully not also the end of the world, because that would be a bummer).  We are finally saying goodbye to the money pit.  I know, bittersweet, right? No.  Pretty much just sweet.  T- minus twelve days until the move and I can barely sleep I'm so excited.  Homeownership is not all it's cracked up to be, people.  Especially ancient home-ownership.  For the near future, this girl's American dream involves a magic phone number to call when anything needs maintenance and a landscaping budget the size of a windowsill.

So that's what's new.  Packing and cleaning and organizing and sorting. It's like Christmas came early!



No comments: