Sunday, May 15, 2011

Conversations with Kelan

It's been a rough week, what with being forced to confront my guilt* of loving my decision to quit the stay at home thing, and with Kelan confronting me about...everything.

Today I woke up and was just emotionally exhausted, but this little conversation with Kelan made my day:

Kelan: (comes and sits on my lap) Since there's no daycare today, can I watch "The Incredible Hulk"?

Me: What? Aren't you a little young for that show? When have you watched that?

Kelan: I'm not too young!! Daddy watched it yesterday at night with me.

Me: Why do you like the incredible hulk?**

Kelan: Because Betty loves him sooo much!


*my go-to emotion.

** I've been rather paraniod about superheros and muscled men in the media ever since I watched that documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" and learned more about body image issues with men and rampant steroid use etc... Seriously, finding things to worry about is so freaking easy.

No comments: