Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween as usual- you know, with knives and cross-dressing and whatnot

          
                                         There were Pumpkins!
 
Kelan carved the crap out of this pumpkin, and he loved every second that he was allowed to wield a sharp object (Which was really only 4, because Sean had eight heart attacks). 




Oh, you were wondering who made that awesome ghost? That was all me.


                                                              And Costumes!!

And I knew I couldn't pick his costume forever, but I didn't know it was going to be such a "process" to settle on something. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that there isn't a lot of difference mood swing-wise between my three-year-old son and a teenage girl.


This is the costume I totally would have stuck him in if I had it my way :



Seriously!! How could that not inspire you to dump your whole bowl of candy in this kid's bag?

And here's the costume that Kelan would have worn if he had gotten his way:
 


Because he's just so sweet and innocent. I think it's safe (and so sad!!) to say, that our respective choices probably had the same percent chance of getting him beat up on Halloween. Because we are equal amounts of "out there", my son and I. Only, he'll probably grow out of it.



So here's what we went with:



Oh yes, he is dancing in this pic. Also, please note the three layers of clothes I made him wear under it. Because WI is cold. And it was daycare's day to deal with the potty breaks. 



Because as long as he stopped pining for that 60 dollar pottery barn witch costume, I didn't care what he wore.   


Screw living vicariously through Kelan. Next year? I think I'll go as Abe Lincoln. Who's having the party?  

No comments: